Jr. Underwriter [In Elmwood Park Office Only]
UNMB Home Loans Inc., trusted since 1979, is a thriving award-winning mortgage banker with an impeccable reputation.
Dedicated to providing superior home financing solutions and customer service in an honest, ethical, and transparent manner with warmth and empathy so that: CLIENTS recommend us to their family and friends, REFERRAL PARTNERS refer us to their clients, EMPLOYEES are proud to be an integral part of our team and COMMUNITIES value our presence.
What You will Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. Recognized as a top workplace by Newsday, National Mortgage News, National Mortgage Professional, and Mortgage Executive
- Rest and Relaxation. Generous vacation policy and work-life balance with 10 paid holidays and 5 days paid time off
- Health Benefits. Medical, dental, vision, and disability
- Prepare for Your Future. 401(k) with company match
- Growth and Learning. Internal and external subject matter experts host training to advance your professional and personal development
- Recognition and Appreciation. Our Spirit of Excellence and Presidents Club Awards recognize individual team member achievement with merit bonuses also awarded.
We welcome you to reach out and explore your opportunities.
The Jr. Underwriter serves a vital role ensuring that all loan documentation needed for the mortgage loan approval process is completed, documented, accurately verified, and complies with industry, corporate and government policy. Jr. Underwriters are responsible for overseeing all documentation required to take each client’s file from pre-approval to closing.
- Collect and review mortgage loan documents to satisfy loan conditions.
- Work in office
- Obtain and clarify additional information if needed.
- Ensure completeness of mortgage loan documentation and meet departmental service and quality standards.
- Calculate income from all income sources including Salary, Retirement and Self-Employment.
- Prepare mortgage loan file for underwriting review by assessing loan application.
- Effectively provide professional internal and external written and verbal communication.
- Update all involved team members after new documents are uploaded or status changes occur.
- Provide follow-up on a consistent basis with originators, borrowers, and agents to complete processing.
- Build rapport with our internal and external customers.
- Continue to stay abreast of underwriting and compliance guidelines.
- Work at our Elmwood Park Office
- Be a team player who actively seeks training opportunities, solutions to various underwriting issues and shares best practices with all team members.
- Use Encompass software to process loans.
- 3+ years of mortgage loan processor related experience with thorough working knowledge of underwriting policies, compliance, and procedure.
- Mortgage company specific experience
- Adept in Paperless Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of digesting and processing information quickly.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain positive communications with Operations and Sales staff.
- Encompass user knowledge
- Professional demeanor
- Bi-Lingual is a big plus
- Self-starter self-motivated
- Ability to commute into the office
- Active Driver’s License
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
UNITED NORTHERN MORTGAGE BANKERS LIMITED (NMLS# 7230) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, color, gender, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, marital status, or veteran status. Requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill set and/or ability required to successfully execute job/position listed.
Reasonable accommodations may be/will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position or perform your job. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Job Status: Full Time