Assistant Vice President of Sales
Assistant Vice President Mortgage Sales
This position assists vice president of sales in the administration of the mortgage sales functions. This includes providing direction, leadership, and goal setting for the MLO team sales force and partnering in the administration of the lending system.
The incumbent must be team member experience-focused, staying abreast of industry trends and opportunities, and leveraging this knowledge to recommend and implement new, improve existing policies, procedures, products, and processes to ensure organizational goals. The AVP must keep up with and have a mastery regulatory knowledge of the mortgage industry.
Must be familiar with standard mortgage products, including, but not limited to, Conforming and Jumbo fixed and ARM mortgages, VA, FHA, and USDA loans, Home Equity loans, Construction loans, and Non-Owner Occupied and Condo lending. Must be knowledgeable of and keep abreast of all relevant mortgage laws and regulations. The incumbent will be responsible for the understanding of all applicable mortgage loan products and must be familiar with requirements including processing, Underwriting, quality control, and proper documentation and procedures for mortgage lending.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assists the Vice President with:
- Guides and directs proper application of procedures and policies by staff to achieve quality service, improve productivity, maintain confidentiality and security controls, which will provide positive response to customer’s requests for services. Reviews and approves or instructs staff in processing exceptional or extraordinary transactions or responds to customer’s and team members who request services. Receives and investigates complaints.
- Effective management of sales supervisors and MLO’s. Maximizes mortgage loan volume, production, and business development efforts.
- Develop proactive sales plans to maximize the growth and retention of all loan products. Assists VP of sales with sales processes and procedures for the MLO’s.
- Analyzes loan pipeline and recommends workouts to VP of sales and manager of underwriters to speed processing and evaluates direct reports.
- Responsible for continuing education of MLO’s and partnership with supervisors and training department on matters relating to MLO’s. Ensures employees are performing job duties.
- Guides the sales branch manager(s) in defining expectations for Mortgage Loan Officers with respect to sales goals and activities.
- Assists with management and staffing at multiple locations, including sales staff working remotely.
- Provide scenario and guidelines assistance and assist with credit review research and response.
- Counsels employees to enhance job performance and resolve work related problems. Initiates or reviews and approves written records documenting personnel actions.
- Reviews sales documents and ensures proper completion.
- Monitors trends and provides updates to the VP of Sales on trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Ensures all regulatory reporting is completed on or before the required deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 7-10 years of experience in the mortgage loan officer area demonstrating progressive advancement.
- Demonstrated experience with underwriting scenario desk knowledge and partnership
- Ability to pass a company background check
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate the totality of UNMB CREED policy points and behaviors.
UNMB Home Loans Inc., DBA: Senior Security Advisors, 3601 Hempstead Turnpike, Suite 300, Levittown, NY 11756 NMLS ID # 7230 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org), Licensed Mortgage Banker - NY Department of Financial Services License # LMBC 108569 · AL License #21761 · CO – Regulated by the Division of Real Estate · CA DBO Finance Lenders Law - Loans made or arranged pursuant to the California Financing Law, License # 603K800 · Licensed by the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act, License #4131321 · CT Mortgage Lender License #20372 · DC License #MLB7230 · FL License #MLD273 · Georgia Residential Mortgage Licensee, License #39919 · IL – for licensing information, go to: www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org; Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Banking, 100 West Randolph, 9th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601, 1-888-473-4858 License # MB.6761307 · Indiana-DFI Mtg Lending License # 37410 · MD Mtg Lender License, License # 20860 · MA Div. of Banks and Loan Agencies Mortgage Lender & Mortgage Broker License #MC7230 · NJ Dept of Banking and Insurance Mtg Lender #9938995 · NC Commissioner of Banks Mtg Lender License #L140365 · PA Dept of Banking Mtg Lender License #20887 · Rhode Island License Lender, License #20183612LL · SC State Board of Financial Institutions License #20183612LL · TN Mtg Lender #115610 · TX - SML Mtg Banker Reg. · VA #MC5787, NMLS ID #7230 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org) · WA Consumer Loan Company #CL-7230. Direct Endorsed FHA Lender. UNMB Home Loans Inc. is not affiliated with or acting on behalf of or at the direction of FHA, VA, USDA or the Federal Government. UNMB Home Loans Inc. is an Equal Housing Lender. All programs are subject to approval by UNMB Home Loans Inc. All Rights Reserved.
?CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended to be viewed only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without our prior permission. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please notify us at UNMB Home Loans Inc. immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message and any copies of it from your computer system. Thank you.